Helping our customers grow
During the year, progress against our strategic objectives included:
DELIVERING A DIFFERENTIATED PROPRIETARY GENETIC OFFERING
- Agreeing a strategic collaboration with BCA to research, develop and commercialise PRRSv-resistant pigs in China.
- Increasing pig numbers in our elite genetic facilities by over 20%, enabling us to enhance selection intensity.
- Conducting genomic testing on animals from Møllevang Genetics and integrating these genes into our product development programme.
FOCUSING ON LARGE AND PROGRESSIVE PROTEIN PRODUCERS GLOBALLY
- Growing revenue in Europe by 21% through a blend of direct service for large customers and indirect relationships with smaller producers.
- Establishing a new European nucleus via Møllevang, to expand our commercial product portfolio for customers in the region.
- Continuing our growth in Latin America, where we are the market leader: growing genetic improvement faster and capturing more genetic value per pig than our competitors, working with over 80% of large producers.
- Developing a new agreement with BCA to expand our supply and distribution network in China.
Sharing in the Value Delivered
- Continuing to expand the use of royalty contracts, so that 82% of our global business is now conducted on this basis.
- Conducting a further 28 product trials, involving nearly 44,000 pigs, to show customers the benefit of using our elite genetics in their production system.