Achieving strong growth
During the year, progress against our strategic objectives included:
DELIVERING A DIFFERENTIATED PROPRIETARY GENETIC OFFERING
- Continuing to enhance and expand our range of proprietary dairy and beef genetics to help customers achieve their goals.
- Growing global volume sales of sexed genetics – including Sexcel, our proprietary product – by 42%.
- Expanding our range of dairy Icon Sires™ – genetic leaders, bred in-house – on which we retain an option to buy progeny at a pre-defined price and breeding rights to any bulls.
- Strengthening NuEra Genetics, our proprietary beef range, and launching Beef InFocus as our global beef-on-dairy brand, leading to 22% growth in global beef growth of volumes.
FOCUSING ON LARGE AND PROGRESSIVE PROTEIN PRODUCERS GLOBALLY
Building business with new and existing US customers by developing and implementing whole-herd genetic strategies, growing sales of sexed genetics by 52% and Beef InFocus by 176%.
Growing sales of sexed genetics in India, the world’s largest dairy market, with signed contracts with regional states now exceeding 500,000 units of sexed genetics per annum.
- Signing our latest beef pullthrough agreement with AkTep in Kazakhstan, through which we will develop and supply profitable genetics for its supply chains.
Sharing in the Value Delivered
- Progressing seven validation trials to demonstrate the difference that our beef genetics make in customer production systems and strengthen our pricing-to value strategy.
Continuing our transition to performance-based pricing within dairy, as we help progressive dairy farmers achieve their goals.