In this section, we provide information on our aims, performance and future plans for continuous improvement of health and safety across our global company.
We update our objectives and report on performance each year. Click on the sections below to learn about our progress in the financial year that ended on 30 June 2017 and the plans we are pursuing for 2017-18.
- Reduce our vehicle incident frequency rate in the UK and US fleets
- Increase ‘near miss’ reporting for all owned production sites
- Reduce the number of recordable incidents on non-owned premises (i.e. our customer premises)
- Vehicle incidents increased in the year, with a reduction in UK offset by an increase in the US linked to improved reporting
- Increased ‘near miss’ reporting on our production sites by 266% and by 61% across the Company
- Reduced total Company recordable incidents by 20%
- Reduce occupational road risk year-on-year
- Near miss reporting – reduce risk by increasing reports across the business
- Continue to reduce incidents, specifically involving animals, and on customer premises