In this section, we provide information on our aims, performance and future plans for providing expertise and products that help our customers produce high-quality, safe and affordable animal protein.
We update our objectives and report on performance each year. View the sections below to learn about our progress in the financial year that ended on 30 June 2017 and the plans we are pursuing for 2017-18.
- Continue to increase the rate of genetic improvement to help produce highly productive, high-health pigs
- Maintain current genetic lag levels across the global PIC supply chain
- Improve milk production and herd sustainability through IVF technology, genetic audits and mating tools, and the use of relevant trait indices in genetic selection
- Export live elite bulls to step up genetic merit in India
- Using genomic selection, improved the value of PIC genetics by US$3.68, providing highly-productive, high-health pigs
- Maintained current PIC genetic lag levels by market
- Deployed IVF technology, genetic audits and mating tools to deliver tailored genetic solutions to ABS customers
- Exported elite bulls to India, improving genetic merit available to farmers in the country
- Maximise porcine genetic improvement and rapidly disseminate the genes
- Continue development of PRRSv resistant pigs to improve animal well-being and producer output
- Continue using elite male genetics and sexing technology in India, increasing the probability of female offspring