In this section, we provide information on our aims, performance and future plans for continually improving animal well-being by working to world-class and scientifically proven standards of animal husbandry.
We update our objectives and report on performance each year. View the sections below to learn about our progress in the financial year that ended on 30 June 2017 and the plans we are pursuing for 2017-18.
- Continue our programme of Pork Quality Assurance ('PQA') based training
- Roll-out global animal care and well-being standards and processes in PIC-owned production facilities
- Continue audits at ABS-owned and JV studs
- Continue the upgrade of PIC-owned production facilities in the US and Canada.
- Completed PQA-based training in all owned production sites, with global standards briefed to every staff member
- Upgraded PIC facilities in US and Canada in line with the plan
- Audited ABS studs and delivered action plans
- Deliver PIC Care programme (our porcine training programme, expanding on the areas covered by the PQA-based training).
- Conduct the second PIC Supply Chain survey and action plan based on findings
- Continue investment in PIC and ABS animal housing facilities