Animal breeding has been part of agriculture for thousands of years. By observing animals, farmers - and later scientists - have been able to continually produce healthier and productive animals.
By using our deep knowledge and care for the animal, along with innovative tools and technologies, Genus R&D’s focus on addressing animal diseases and acceleration of the genetic gain will continue to help improve animal welfare, and provide meat and milk with less impact on the environment and a better nutritional profile.
Genus R&D Technology Platform
Our technology platform includes several areas and efforts to pioneer animal genetic improvement:
- Reproductive Biology focuses on the development and commercial application of advanced reproductive techniques.
- Biosystems Engineering integrates engineering science and design with applied biological and environmental sciences.
- Trait Development responsibly and transparently applies the latest and safest technologies focusing on disease-resistance in animals.
- Genome Science develops and provides foundational genomic knowledge about livestock animals for genetic improvement.
- Regulatory Science and Affairs is charged with fulfilling Genus' commitment to partner and comply with all government regulations related to farm animals and new animal breeding techniques.
Genus R&D Culture